Two Professionals Profiles:
High Technician in Languages:
The pupil will study two languages for four years; obtaining an intermediate level competency in the four skills: reading, writing, comprehension and oral expression.
The student will be allowed for teaching.
Bachelor in Languages (Five Years of Study):
The Bachelor in Languages will perform the functions of planning, organization, carrying out and evaluation of the teaching - learning process (in the languages) in all its levels of the educational system.
Likewise, he or she will perform the functions as interpreter from the oral and written language into Spanish; making easy the public and international relations in national and foreign organizations.
The Bachelor in Languages will perform researches in the linguistics field identifying problems that are found and giving solutions to them.
Bachelor in Languages’ Professional Profile:
In previous years, the Languages Department considered the teaching area only. With the purpose of spreading the professional action field and taking into account the results of empirical researches performed; a professional pattern is reproposed and it is leaded in three fundamental versions:
- A pedagogical version
- A linguistics version
- A version to translation
The curricular conception of the pedagogic version guarantees the training of abilities, habits and professional skills in the foreign and/or native languages teaching field.
The translation version is directed towards the dominion of two foreign and/or native languages guided the formation of abilities, habits and skills in the field of the oral and written translation with unilateral character (foreign and/or native language - Spanish).
The linguistic version guided to the scientific research in the field of the linguistic will allow taking on the education problematic in the area of foreign and/or natives languages and providing solutions.
The bachelor in languages and Higher Technician in Languages will be qualified; as foreign and/or native language professor to:
• To carry out the teaching and learning process of the foreign and/or Native languages.
• To apply an effective way with high quality, methods and procedures, own of the foreign and/or native language teaching.
• To validate and design training programs of the language that teaches.
• To apply the principles and fundamentals postulates of the Methodology of teaching foreign and/or Native Languages.
• To teach in the rural area.
The Bachelor in Languages will be qualified as a linguistic researcher to:
• To bring about theoretical-practical elements that allows him to analyze his work critically.
• To develop intellectual abilities and the skill practice that allows him to exert his work in the linguistic research.
• To apply the knowledge of different methods and techniques of the linguistic research.
• To use the scientific research in the field of the linguistic of Foreign and/or native language that he has studied.
The bachelor in foreign and/or native languages translator will be qualified to:
• To take on unilateral written translation of the foreign and/or native language into Spanish.
• To develop an ethical behaviour that is characterized by reliability and professional discretion of the contents that are submitted to their translation.
• To give serves bilinguals of character administrative-auxiliary in Educational institution, institutions or nationals organisms and/or foreign institutions that they require of these services.