• Philosophical Basic principle: The Degree in Languages will develop a national identity and will be qualified to interact in the globalized world of today.
• Epistemological basic principle, The Professional in Languages will have a multidisciplinary training, based in the critical, diachronic and synchronic analysis of the linguistic sciences, pedagogy, psychology, philosophy, sociology.
• Legal basic principle: The political of the current National Educative Reformation require professionals with communicational, linguistic, researching, pedagogical teaching and translation skills.
• Socio cultural basic principle: The professional of Language department has an agreement before the social needs for being Bolivia a multicultural and multilingual country. The challenge is located in approaching the different cultures as much from the interior as from the outside of the country, valuing objectively the knowledge itself, the knowledge of being, of making and of knowing the way of living of every one of them.
• Psycho pedagogical basic principle: Within the framework of the Educative Reformation the teaching /learning is understood like the process of bilateral interaction between teacher and student interfered by the reality. The Bachelor in languages and Higher Technician in Languages will educate to value the different native and/or foreign languages, teaching in the unit and for the diversity.
• Axiological basic principle: The degree in Languages will show qualities of independence, creativity, formed opinion and professional ethics.